Sunday, June 17, 2012

Let me explain how this works

So it's day 5 of my cycle which means it's the third day I've taken Clomid. I figure I should explain how Clomid works and why I'm taking it. Clomid is not a fertility drug. It's a medication that triggers the necessary hormones that tell your body to ovulate. So because my doctor doesn't think I'm short on eggs and husband's swimmers swim strong she's very confident that because of my PCOS my hormones are just crazy and need a little help in getting the "stars to align". On average, 80% of those that take Clomid that do not ovulate begin ovulation. Of that 80% approx. 40% conceive. So our chances of Clomid leading to a baby is 32/100. We are being hopeful especially because even with IVF there's a 50% chance. Also, people have heard that when someone is on Clomid they are more than likely to have multiples (twins, triplets, etc.) this is kind of true. It happens but, it isn't likely, about 7-10 out of 100 have multiples.


No comments:

Post a Comment