Wednesday, July 3, 2013

July 3rd


Gorgeous, right? Jaron, one of our students, made this for us. He was so sweet to do it. He's been lobbying for our first born to be named after him so when he gave this to us he said he did it to show his commitment to his request. I love it. I think it's inspiring. "With  you a miracle WILL happen." shows faith. Faith I sometimes don't have.

Today I have faith though. Today I believe. Today I'm excited.

We're exactly one month out from our race! It's getting so close! Jill (from PPP) told me that 90 people are registered for our race as of this morning. I'm hoping that number jumps at bit because today is the last day for early-bird registration but we will have to see. 90 is the total of people registered not just people registered in honor of us. So for all I know that's 90 people that are coming for the other couple....let's hope thats not the case. :)

I keep having this reoccurring nightmare that we're working so hard to get people to the race and we're feeling good and excited but then we show up on race day and NO ONE is there. Not a single person. Wouldn't that be awful? Thats why they call it a nightmare right? Uggggh! I was texting Jill earlier and told her about it. She's so positive about it. She's lived it so she knows.


Isn't that a great way to look at it?? Our babies are up in heaven cheering us on! And no matter what it'll work out. Being nervous, frustrated, scared, etc. is normal and I know that but sometimes I get irritated with myself for feeling those things. I  like to know how it's all going to play out and when.

But life is nothing like that nor should it be I suppose. We have to have to faith in God and His timing. He knows what He's doing. And let's be honest here....I have NO IDEA what is going on half the time.

So, with that in mind today I have faith and my actions are going to show that. Today I'm going to keep working hard to get people to that 5k because we still need $4,000 to get our baby here. Today I'm going to have a positive attitude because with all the blessings we've been given I have no reason not to have one.

PS-If your'e looking for a good read check out the talk "Lest Ye Be Wearied and Faint in Your Minds." by the Apostle Neal A. Maxwell. It's bold, direct, and worth every minute you take to read it.

1 comment:

  1. What Jill told you was beautiful. What a wonderful way for you to look at all this. And guess what?? We are going to be there no matter what! Your nightmares should include us being there and being annoying somehow.

    ReplyDelete