Monday, July 30, 2012

A baby in our home

My husband's sister and family are getting ready to move across the country for graduate school and in effort to help them we offered to host a sleepover for our 2 year old nephew. He's my husbands little side kick and we're going to miss him terribly. Our evening entailed of a couple movies, pizza, a trip to the park, and then a bed time routine. To some this may seem insignificant but to have that young little spirit in our home is such a blessing. Obviously I'm not a parent but to be able to care for someone, watch them learn, see excitement in their eyes, hug them when they cry..it's all remarkable. For some people that are experience infetility it can be hard to be around little kids. It reminds you about how you don't have children. How you may never have children.

For my husband and I (at least at this point) it's almost therapeutic to be around kids. To have other people trust you with their children helps relieve the thoughts that God doesn't trust you with his children. We'll miss having our niece and nephew in our home. Sometimes I really hate change.

No comments:

Post a Comment