Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A positive for every negative

I've discovered that I have a really hard time when other people complain about being a parent. I just want to scream, "DO YOU KNOW HOW LUCKY YOU ARE TO BE A PARENT!?!" but I don't.  I just keep it inside and keep it to myself. I understand that being a parent is hard work maybe not to the full extent that actual parents do but I do know that it's hard. Caring for another human being (or multiple humans) is probably the most emotionally, physically, and spiritually taxing thing there is. And while I understand that sometimes it feels better to complain (and that's okay) it just gets hard to listen to. I often wonder if I would be willing to take on all the stress and hardships that these constant haters of parenthood endure just so I can experience being a parent. Being a mother.

Again I don't want anyone to walk away thinking that I don't understand that being a parent is a hard thing all I'm saying is that there must be a better way of expressing your emotions and handling your stress than having such a dark almost regretful attitude towards you kids.

I guess for me it's important to recognize that even though things are hard there are still multiple good moments/memories/experiences/characteristics that out weigh the bad.

Am I wrong there? Is that too far off?

No comments:

Post a Comment