Friday, July 27, 2012

Now we wait

Day 7 has come and gone. Now we play the waiting game. We're waiting to see if I ovulate. We use the Basal Body Temperature method to do this. Everyday since May 11, 2012 I've been taking my temp. first thing in the morning. Before I even move I have to stick a thermometer in my mouth, wait for it to beep and then record my temp. in a notebook. Makes for a long morning when you have to pee. Ugh! I hate that part. So, when you ovulate your body temperature goes up about .4-.7 degrees. It spikes, stays consistent for a 5 days or so and then drops back down to normal. Even though I know it takes a week or so after your period ends to start ovulating, every morning I'm hoping it'll just jump. It's a waiting game. A horrible waiting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment