Monday, August 6, 2012

It was a good attempt


My Mom and I went downtown tonight to try and get tickets to show that wasn't even playing tonight! Take this tip- Before you travel across town to see a show, check the listings to make sure its playing that night. 
Regardless, it was nice to spend time with my Mom talking and catching up on life. We don't spend much time together and don't talk nearly as often as we should. Its amazing how life gets so busy that time passes faster than you realize. It doesn't help that we live about 40 minutes apart.
My Mom is the only person from my family (and my husband's for that matter..) that knows about our situation. She's so supportive and wants a grand-baby badly. Especially because we plan to move in two years for grad school. I'm grateful it doesn't matter to her if the baby comes to us biologically or through adoption. She just wants us to be able to have a family and have the experiences that she's had. 
She's such a good listener and so encouraging. But not in the over the top kind of way thats completely unrealistic and basically annoying. She's realistic but optimistic. It's easy to talk to her about my concerns, fears, hopes, and experiences. I really appreciate that she doesn't pretend to know whats going on or how all of this works. She asks questions and really strives to understand and become educated. She's a good Mom. I'll go to a show that isn't showing with her any day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment