Friday, September 28, 2012

Close...but no cigar.

I had my ultrasound today and I was SOOOO confident that all would be well and we could start treatments today. I've had this box of drugs sitting at our apartment forever and I want to start using them. Look at this stuff! It's ridiculous how much it entails. This is only ONE treatment....


Anyways, I go to my appointment where the doctor stuck that magical ultrasound wand up my stuff and unfortunately, my lining is just not ready. I'm learning more and more as we go along. When you finish your period the lining of your uterus should measure at a 7 or below. 7 what? Yeah...I don't know either. To my disappointment I am measuring at 12. That's what people measure at BEFORE their period. So what I want to know is WHAT THE HECK HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR THE LAST 19 DAYS??? I asked Dr. C (that is what she will now be known as PS...) about it and she said that there is a good chance that all those times I was having light periods over the last few months I was actually just having heavy spotting because of the hormones from the Clomid. I hate Clomid. Hence the 19 day period. Apparently things were pretty thick up in there which would explain the appearance of polyps and the concern with abnormal cells. At least we know things aren't pre cancerous AND this ultrasound was free courtesy of Dr. C. I was just there a week ago so I think she was feeling bad for me. I'll take the sympathy. Doctor bills are expensive. 

So what now? Well, I started a regimen of more pills. These ones are going to kick start my body into period mode. I'll take the Provera for the 10 days and then about 5-7 days after that I should start my period AGAIN. Delightful right? I shouldn't really complain. It's a blessing to even have this type of medical assistance to make it possible to have a baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment