Thursday, April 11, 2013

This is what a miracle looks like


This is what a miracle looks like! $1,665.00 donated on our behalf in only 8 hours. That is AMAZING!!! Not to mention the fact my awesome boss agreed to match up to $1,000 if current students or alumni from UVUSA donated it. We had a $1,000 in only 2 hours.

I've been on the verge of tears all day long. I can't believe the kindness of others. We've been so humbled by the donations of so many. My students for donating money I know they need, old friends that I haven't seen in so long sacrificing money they work hard for, people we don't even know giving to complete strangers. It's incredible. Truly incredible.

It took us (me especially) a long time to come around to the idea of allowing our friends to do a fundraiser for us. It's hard to be on the receiving side of something like this. We are so humbled. I think about those that have donated to our dream and I am amazed. My heart hurts (in a good way)  because of the gratitude, humility, love, appreciation, excitement, and happiness thats in it. I honestly cannot believe what is happening. So many people rallying around us, helping us have something we could never get on own. Thank you. Truly. I don't think it will ever be possible for me to express how we feel. How grateful we are to you. To our friends. To our family. Especially to those that pushed us to humble ourselves and ask for help. You know who you are and we love and appreciate you.

Thank you for being our miracle makers.

**UPDATE-It's been all of 5 minutes since I made this post and the fundraiser is up to $1,790.00!!! Can you believe that????? I hate even asking this but if you would like to donate visit www.gofundme.com/mattandmarissaking. Every penny helps and is sacred to us.**

No comments:

Post a Comment